Rig Safe – units for non-hazardous area
Rig Safe units – customised diesel engine packages and diesel generator sets with enhanced safety.
Rig safe diesel engine units and diesel generator sets by JB Safe Diesel offers reliable, cost effective and safe solution which is fully compliant with CE directive, Norsok Z-015 standard, and marine class regulations. Those packages are ready for operation on offshore installations thanks to:
- Air shutoff valve in the engine intake
- Independent speed pickup
- Antistatic belts
- Antistatic fan blades
- Certified exhaust spark arrester
- Water cooled turbine and exhaust manifold
- Anti-splash protection for oil and fuel lines (SOLAS kit)
Our diesel engines come with thermal image to show residual ignition sources from hot surfaces according to latest revision of NORSOK Z-015 standard
Dedicated functional protection system for non-hazardous area.
Complete rig safe solution requires additional layer of functional safety. Therefore, our rig safe units can be delivered with independent functional safety system covering fire & gas detection, ignition sources disconnection, overspeed protection and emergency shutdown.
- Scalable and adaptive design with many options for staring system, cooling systems etc.
- Prepared for seamless integration with DECAM™ control system
- Remote monitoring via SafeLink™ available as an option
- Installation and start up support including documentation and drawings
- Excellent aftermarket support including service and spare parts
All our units are designed and built in Norway. Worldwide delivery.
Functional safety systems are packaged inside dedicated control panel. Control panels can be delivered in following specifications:
- For installation in non-hazardous area
- For installation in Zone 2 acc. ATEX and/or IECEx
- For installation in Zone 1 acc. ATEX and/or IECEx
Lead time for complete solution depends mainly on engine availability.
Rig Safe Generator